offer comfortable refuge and welcoming presence for the
military personnel at Fort Rucker.
present a hospitable 'Episcopal presence through a welcoming congregation and
visible community outreach.
Founded in 1953, Epiphany began with a membership of eight families as a
parochial mission of the Church of the Nativity in Dothan. In 1958, it became a
Diocesan Mission and was no longer tied to the mother church.
We are part of the Diocese of the Central Gulf Coast, seated in Pensacola, Florida. Our
Bishop is The Rt. Rev. James Russell Kendrick.
From the days of holding services at Alabama Power Company (nicknamed St. Ready of
Kilowatt), Epiphany has progressed through two parish houses, one of which we outgrew
before it was finished. A lovely church building was erected in 1968. Beautiful stained glass windows were added
Life at Epiphany
Fellowship, sharing and caring are important to our Epiphany family. We have an active Daughters of the King,
and Christian Education program. We have a coffee hour after Sunday Worship and
try to have one event that involves the entire congregation each month. Epiphany
offers strong support to various community groups. The church holds a
"Rice and Beans" event where rice and beans are distributed to the
In addition to participation in local community activities, members of Epiphany serve on
various Diocesan commissions. Along with Ozark, Troy, and Eufaula, we were hosts for the
Diocesan Convention in 1988 and 1997. We contribute to the United Thank Offering and
Episcopal Relief and Development.